Our school was last inspected by Ofsted in September 2018. Holy Souls School became a new school in May 2019 when we joined The Saint Teresa of Calcutta MAC.
Positive findings from the previous report include:
- Leaders have created a calm and orderly environment. As a result, pupils' conduct around school is good.
- Teaching is good. Staff have high expectations and plan work that matches pupils' needs and interests.
- The curriculum is well planned, broad and balanced.
- Pupils have positive attitudes to learning. They enjoy school because lessons are interesting.
- The school's values strongly promote pupils' spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
- Pupils work together successfully and show care and respect for others.
- Disadvantaged pupils and pupils who have SEN and/or disabilities benefit from good support with their learning.
- The behaviour of pupils is good.
- Pupils take a pride in their work and present it well. They are proud of their school and of their achievements.
You can now share your views on our school via Ofsted's Parent View website. By sharing your views, Ofsted hopes you'll be helping the school to improve. You will also be able to see what other parents have said about us.
Our last Section 48 Religious Inspection from the Diocesan Education Service was in June 2015, when we were judged to be an outstanding Catholic school.
Some of the key findings of the report include:
- The school is rightly proud of its unique Catholic nature which is evident in all aspects of its daily life.
- All aspects of its religious education are outstanding.
- A whole-school review of RE across the curriculum has identified opportunities to teach RE meaningfully through different subject areas.
- The school's outstanding commitment to all aspects of Catholic life and RE is reflected in its remarkable record of evangelisation among staff and parents.
You can read the full report below:
- Section 48 Monitoring Report - June 2015 (pdf)