Our school was last inspected by Ofsted in September 2018. Holy Souls School became a new school in May 2019 when we joined The Saint Teresa of Calcutta MAC.
Positive findings from the previous report include:
- Leaders have created a calm and orderly environment. As a result, pupils' conduct around school is good.
- Teaching is good. Staff have high expectations and plan work that matches pupils' needs and interests.
- The curriculum is well planned, broad and balanced.
- Pupils have positive attitudes to learning. They enjoy school because lessons are interesting.
- The school's values strongly promote pupils' spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
- Pupils work together successfully and show care and respect for others.
- Disadvantaged pupils and pupils who have SEN and/or disabilities benefit from good support with their learning.
- The behaviour of pupils is good.
- Pupils take a pride in their work and present it well. They are proud of their school and of their achievements.
You can now share your views on our school via Ofsted's Parent View website. By sharing your views, Ofsted hopes you'll be helping the school to improve. You will also be able to see what other parents have said about us.
Our last Section 48 Religious Inspection from the Diocesan Education Service was in May 2022, when we were judged to be an outstanding Catholic school once again.
Some of the key findings of the report include:
- The provision for Catholic Life has a deeply profound impact on pupils’ moral and spiritual formation, bringing them ever-closer to Christ.
- The quality of learning and teaching in Religious Education is of a very high standard.
- Pupils and the entire school community are engaged and inspired by the school’s high-quality provision for Collective Worship.
- The school is the beating heart of the community. Its contribution is valued, appreciated and widely respected.
You can read the full report below:
- RE Inspection Report - May 2022