Sacred Heart and Holy Souls Church.
Sacred Heart and Holy Souls Church
1151 Warwick Road
Parish Priest: Canon Jonathon Veasey
Assistant Priest: Fr Alex Taylor
Obligation Mass Times
- Saturday: 5.00pm (Vigil Mass)
- Sunday: 8.30am, 10.00am, 12.00 noon
Weekday Masses and Holy Days of Obligation
- Please check the weekly newsletter for up to date Mass times.
Sacrament of Reconciliation
- Saturday: 10.30 to 11.30am and 4.00 to 4.30pm
- Confessions are also available by appointment. Please contact the parish priest.
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament with Benediction
- Saturday: 10.30 to 11.30am
- Thursday 9.00 to 9.45am
Baptisms are celebrated on Sundays after the 12.00 noon Mass by prior appointment. Please contact the priest to arrange for sacramental preparation.
Marriages - Please contact one of the priests at least 9 months before.
Weddings and Funerals by appointment.
The weekly Parish Newsletters can be found on the Church website's Parish Newsletters page
A Brief History of the Parish
Inside the Church.
The parish belongs to the Archdiocese of Birmingham.
The church, built in the neo-gothic style, dates to 1922 and it was erected with the intention of becoming a war memorial, a shrine of prayer for the victims of the war. Indeed a memorial tablet can be found in the porch, listing the soldiers who fell in the 1914-18 war.
Today, the parish continues to be a place of welcome and prayer for its parishioners and visitors alike.
We always strive to follow the ways of Jesus. Parents are the first educators of their children in the ways of faith, though their example of what they say and do in Christ Jesus our Lord. This is affirmed through the rite of Baptism for children.
The work of parents is built upon by our teachers, school staff, governors and Parish Priest, who strive for excellence in the education of each individual child. So home, school and parish work closely together to place Christ and the teaching of the Catholic Church at the centre of our children's and their parents' lives. This is the purpose of our Catholic school.