Living Our Faith
Holy Souls School welcomes you.
Holy Souls School is a place where we pray together.
Holy Souls School is a place where we care.
Holy Souls School is a place of learning.
Holy Souls School is a place where everyone is important.
Here at Holy Souls our faith is central to everything that we do. We are all created in the image and likeness of Christ and are part of God’s family.
Every day your child will learn about God the Father, through stories, prayers and songs.
Our Prayer Book contains the prayers that we learn in school:
We have a very close and special relationship with our Parish and our local community and enjoy supporting each other in many different ways.
- We lead a monthly Family Parish Mass led by a specific year group.
- We hold RE themed inspire workshops with parents that are linked to our Family Parish Masses.
- Our pupils enjoy being active in the parish as Altar Servers.
- We host a weekly Legion of Mary session in school and pupils attend a weekly after school session in Church. This is led by the lay people of the parish.
- We have a programme of assemblies that are led by pupils, classes, year groups and external visitors.
- We begin our week by gathering for our Gospel Assembly. We discuss this week's gospel and how it can be lived in our lives. This is led by our Young Disciples and senior staff.
- In our classes we enjoy daily Collective Worship. We share our faith journey with one another.
- We participate in weekly Parish masses.
- • Canon Jonathan and Father Alex visit our classrooms. We invite him in to help with our RE lessons and with the questions we have about our faith.
- We enjoy sharing our talents – singing as a choir both in the local area and local facilities as well as at our Parish Leisure Club.
- We support Parish events and initiatives. The Christmas Bazaar is a real favourite!
- Our staff support the parish as Extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion and lead Children’s Liturgy.
- We extend our sacramental programme to children outside of the school but in our parish working closely with the parish catechists.
- We lead the liturgical music at the annual Good Shepherd Mass at Saint Chad’s cathedral.
Our Prayer Areas
We have prayer areas in different parts of our school.