Living as Christians
Here at Holy Souls we always try to follow in the footsteps of Jesus. To us the Gospel values '...are a guarantee of peace and of collaboration among all citizens in the shared commitment to serving the common good'.
Our school environment celebrates the message that Jesus shared in his sermon on the mount – The Beatitudes.
The sermon outlined the kind of life that a true follower of Christ should live if he seeks the kingdom of heaven. We challenge ourselves daily to live the Beatitudes. Asking ourselves the question "Who is God calling me to be?"
- "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of heaven"
Values: Faithfulness and Integrity
- "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted"
Values: Dignity and Compassion
- "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth"
Values: Humility and Gentleness
- "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied"
Values: Truth and Justice
- "Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy"
Values: Forgiveness and Mercy
- "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God"
Values: Purity and Holiness
- "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God"
Values: Tolerance and Peace
- "Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you and utter every kind of slander against you because of me. Be glad and rejoice for your reward is great in heaven; they persecuted the prophets before you in the very same way"
Values: Service and Sacrifice